Delta Air Lines is continuing its programme to provide more space in the cabin, by extending its policy of blocking middle seats in the cabin.
The policy of blocking middle seats and limit capacity on all flights departing will continue to 30th April 2021. It includes:
- On aircraft with middle seats: We will block the selection of middle seats in Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin for parties of 1-2. Parties of 3+ can continue selecting seats together.
- On aircraft without any middle seats: We will block the selection of one aisle of seats on smaller aircraft.
- Blocking adjacent seats in First Class.
- Limiting the total number of passengers on board.
- On select routes where customer demand is high, we will look for opportunities to upgrade to larger aircraft or add more flying to promote space on board.
- Boarding by row, starting from the rear of the aircraft to the front. Delta One, First Class and Diamond Medallion customers may board at any point during the boarding process.
It follows Delta’s moves to improve confidence in flying including
- Making it easier to understand testing requirements
- Creating an interactive travel map to help customers understand where Delta flies and the latest travel requirements or restrictions at their destination.
- Expanding rapid testing centres to Delta’s hub airports in Minneapolis and Detroit, which follow other testing facilities at Atlanta, Boston, New York-JFK and Seattle.
- Delta Vacations selling only international hotels and resorts that offer in-hotel testing for travel through April 2021.
Bill Lentsch, Chief Customer Experience Officer said
“We want our customers to have complete confidence when traveling with Delta, and they continue to tell us that more space provides more peace of mind,”
“We’ll continue to reassess seat blocking in relation to case transmission and vaccination rates, while bringing back products and services in ways that instill trust in the health and safety of everyone on board – that will always be Delta’s priority.”
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.