It’s Sunday again, so it’s time to look back at some of the events that I’ve covered in Economy Class and Beyond
From my iPhone “What were the skies like when you were young? They went on forever and they, when I, we lived in Arizona And the skies always had little fluffy clouds in them” – Little Fluffy Clouds – The Orb
UK Hotel Quarantine Scheme goes live
- UK Hotel Quarantine Scheme goes live – How does it affect you? – And don’t try to skip it, people have been fined £10,000 already.
Routes and Networks
- SWISS to extend its bare-bone Geneva operation through March – Cut down services continue out of Geneva
- Austrian Airlines maps out its Summer 2021 plans – European Summer hotspots from Vienna on the shopping list
- United Airlines to add Boston-Logan to London Heathrow Service – Evening to London, Evening to Boston.
- British Airways to partner with Dettol… – Another day, another partnership.
Business of Aviation
- De Havilland of Canada to pause Dash8-400 production – pressing pause on Dash 8 production
- United 382 – The 777 that had engine problems, with the casing detaching from the engine. No casualties at all.
- AA and JetBlue announce codeshares
I’m off work again next week – mainly to use up some holiday that I’ve built up over the year. Obviously, I’m in work on Monday as well as on a few calls during the week – because people just love talking to me. That means of course, more time to write, more time to watch bad YouTube and maybe time to get a ChromeCast so I can give in and buy Disney Plus.
Or a server. Or a Nintendo Switch. I’m honestly not sure at this point.
If I was sure, I think I’d know a bit more about how life is going.
But I’m sure there will be chaos ahead – that’s just par for the course.
Until next week, mask up and stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.