It’s the end of another week thankfully. Must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
And when I say it was an awful week, it was around £2500 awful. I couldn’t even get any Avois on the Credit Card payment for this, as the plumber doesn’t take American Express (and I don’t have the Barclaycard Avios credit card in my collection). Thankfully, cashback cards exist.
Although it hardly took the sting out in this case.
The road to Aircraft Interiors Expo (Passenger Experience)
We’re ramping up our Passenger Experience news as we head closer to Aircraft Interiors Expo in mid-June. Expect further news and analysis as head towards the event. We have also launched our Connect at AIX 2022 page if you are heading to Hamburg and want to meet.
- The Crystal Cabin Awards – Finalists Announced – Lots to look forward to as we head towards the season, with innovations and ideas to take the passenger experience forward.
- Finnair announces new catering updates in Business and Premium Economy Cabin – Changes throughout the cabin – with things to be aware of in all classes
ROutes and networks
Qatar Airways and Malaysia Airlines expand codeshares – Everyone loves a codeshare
Next Aircraft news
- ATR Aircraft unveils their plan for the future – introducing EVO – The new EVO concept has been announced by ATR. It’ll be interesting how they take the aircraft into the future.
- International Airlines Group pulls the trigger for a 737 MAX fleet – Well, it’s taken long enough for IAG to sign for them – to put it mildly.
- Panasonic Avionics to into IFE systems aboard Bamboo Airways – Equipment to be added to the Bamboo’s long haul Boeing 787-9 fleet
- Panasonic to supply its NEXT IFEC platform for Lufthansa’s Boeing 747-8 fleet – Big IFE updates for Lufthansa’s Boeing 747-8i fleet (which should see them in the air for a lot longer).
- Heathrow Express names carriages of its trains after cities of the world – Let’s name the trains on the Heathrow Express
- Adieu, Izy (Low-Cost Rail operator Izy to be absorbed back into Thalys ) – You’re going to need to pay more to travel by train between Paris and Brussels.
It’s a pretty big week in London, as the first stage of The Elizabeth Line (or Crossrail) will finally open. We won’t be on the ground covering the story (as I’ve got more than a few fish to fry closer to home… and besides, it’s going to be busy the first weeks or so). But we’ll be keeping an eye on things as well as a guide to the CrossLizPurp Line finally carries paying passengers on it.
We’ll also be keeping an eye on things in the air, passenger experience news and anything else that grabs my eyes.
Until then – happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.