Hello from a worn-out reporter, sitting in a Starbucks after a long week working the beat (as well as racking up the steps). It’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Believe it or not, this is probably the most I saw outside of the Messenhallen some days – Hamburg Messenhallen
Aircraft Interiors Expo – Announcements and reports
In case you missed it, we were in Hamburg this week covering the Aircraft Interiors Expo show, as of press. We’ve got much more coverage in our post-show content (and some excellent stuff is coming).
Here are just some of the announcements we’ve covered this week.
- Crystal Cabin Award 2022 Winners Announced – Congratulations to the eight winners. We’ll be going in-depth with some of them soon.
- Airbus launches Airspace Link HBCplus with Inmarsat and Safran – A new line-fit operation appears. How will this play out?
- Panasonic Avionics and Adobe announce a services tie-up – Data management is important.
- Panasonic Avionics launches Astrova OLED Screens – These are good. A lot more in our post-show coverage
- Qatar Airways signs for Panasonic Astrova for its Boeing 777X fleet – And a first customer too
- Areq and Eurowings Discover announce a partnership for AERENA platform – We’re going to be looking at a lot further at Areq during the next few weeks – they have some rather interesting ideas and products.
- Latécoère and FlightPath3D partner on a 4K 3D Flight Map on Smart LiFi Monitor
- Safran Seating launches its VUE and UNITY seating range – We’ve tried them. Some major advances here.
- Recaro signs Philippine Airlines for additional BL3510 seats – Additional seats for the airline
- Safran Seating signs SunExpress for the Z200 seats – Short Haul seats for SunExpress
- flyadeal signs with Acro Aircraft Seating for Series 6 seats – Including a new variant.
- KLM and Transavia signs for Recaro Aircraft Seating products – Picking up the SL3710 as a premium product, BL3710 for the baseline
- Safran to outfit ITA Airways new cabins – A lot of Safran products going into their planes
- Tibet Airlines selects Recaro Aircraft Seating for Business and Economy Class
- Airbus to offer touchless lavatories as a retrofit item – Yes. Touchless
New Aircraft News
- Airbus takes their first A321XLR for a test flight – the Extra Long Range Neo finally took the sky in Hamburg. It would had been nice to see it fly over the Messe…
- SWISS to expand AirPortr service through Switzerland – Luggage delivery through Switzerland, for a price.
Routes and Networks
- Norse Atlantic Airways finally takes to the air – A bit late, in more ways than one
- Korean Air continues to restore some long-haul services
- Even at 6:45 in the morning, coach travel doesn’t get easier – And on reflection, I was just about on time for the best experience
Things are more than a little calmer next week as we go back to some sense of normality. Although others are seeking to put paid to that.
We’ve got the UK Rail Strike which is coming like an Intercity 125 with no brakes, and some snapshots from the past week in terms of travel experience.
I’ve got more than a few moan posts coming up about how a certain airline still fails at its home base.
On top of that, is our usual coverage, as well as the post Aircraft Interiors Expo coverage that we’re starting to go through.
Now, please excuse me. There is a bath with my name on it for my calves to unwind in.
Until next week – happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world