We’re crashing into the final three months of the year, with the last quarter of it beckoning. But let us look back at Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Trip Report – Doing it for the Tier Points
Well, what was going to be a week full of updates, turned into two bits of the trip report coming out.
- Doncaster-Sheffield Airport to close – A shame, but economic realities are now biting.
- Amsterdam Schiphol Problems Continue – Capacity Cap to be Extended into 2023 – What a way to run an airport.
- STELIA Aerospace unveils its new RENDEZ-VOUS seat – With a Honeymoon configuration
Routes and Networks
- Delta prepares for a busy European Summer 2023 – Lots of new and returning routes
- Norse Atlantic Airways gains UK Air Operator Certificate – Prepare to see more Norse routes from Summer 2023
- Aer Lingus confirms Cleaveland route launch – It’s amazing what launch-aid can do.
- Virgin Atlantic to join SkyTeam – Finally.
- British Airways and Qatar Airways expand their partnership – More single-ticket options for travellers
New aircraft news
- Aer Lingus takes delivery of its first A320neo, takes it out for flight – Another neo takes to the air
- China Airlines unveils its new Pokemon Jet – Gotta fly them all.
- WestJet expands its fleet – with a large order for Boeing 737-10 – The only minor issue – to get the 737-10 certified…
- The next round of UK Rail Strikes starts *TODAY* (1st October) – And more to come with both ASLEF and the RMT calling its members out
Things are continuing along at Economy Class and Beyond, as we continue to muddle around the news headlines, and throw in a few typos as I start to pack for my next trip.
Until then, stay safe and happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.