It’s the end of the week as we barrel into February. It’s also time for me to put some links, sarcasm and one-line zingers into a post that ties the week together.
Yes, it’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
A shop of delights – Mr Simms Sweet Shop, Great Western Arcade, Birmingham.
Routes and Networks
- Emerald Airlines adds additional capacity out of Belfast for Aer Lingus – Taking advantage of flyBe
- Lufthansa to add five new North American destinations for its Boeing 787-9 fleet – Five choices to get a Boeing 787-9 if that’s your jam.
- Virgin Atlantic plans to return to Shanghai – there’s one…
- British Airways to restart Beijing and Shanghai services – …And there’s the other.
- Air France to bolster Canadian services – Oh Canada, Serving Five Cities…
- Finnair modifies its Airbus A350-900 aircraft – A Higher Maximum Take-Off Weight, to carry more to Asia.
- ZipAir to become the first Asian airline to use Starlink – 4th carrier to select Starlink for connectivity
- Singapore Airlines to offer free inflight Wi-fi to Business Class Passengers, as well as new plans for other passengers – Premium Passengers and all Singapore Airlines Frequent flyer members to benefit
- UK Passport price increase goes into effect – Well, those blue things have to be paid for somehow.
The Business of Aviation
- Flyr files for Bankruptcy – And that’s two within two weeks.
- Peace breaks out: Qatar Airways and Airbus agree on a settlement over A350s – Well, it saves going to court, I suppose.
Rail Strikes in the UK
- More UK Rail Strikes on the Way (1st and 3rd February) – And now we wait for the next round of strikes, unless peace breaks out
With normality almost restored (assuming we all know what is normal anyway), we’ll be in our usual mode of covering what we cover on this blog – routes, passenger experience, some interesting updates and things that might have slipped under others’ radars.
Until then, happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates, as well as Mastodon too! You can follow me on Instagram too!
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.
Leave a Reply