It’s time to wrap up the week on Economy Class and Beyond, as I take a brief look back at the happenings that’s passed my desk this week.
- Emirates quietly introduces new baggage weight restrictions on cheap fares – Booking cheap can be an expensive learning curve. Check your fare before you book, and if you want the old restrictions, book by 4th February.
- Cathay Pacific joins “Worldwide by EasyJet” – Adding more connections is a welcome thing. Just beware of the connection times.
100 Years of British Airways
- British Airways kicks off its 100 year’s old party last week with bits of news
To Celebrate, To Fly – British Airways to revisit its heritage with a BOAC painted plane – Welcome to a retro jet that will enter service in February
- British Airways “100 fares for £100 each way” – Offer over now sadly. But don’t be surprised if new offers turn up soon!
The Business of Aviation
- The price tag of the Gatwick Drone incident to EasyJet? £15 million… – Ouch. And hopefully, the start of a wake-up call.
- IAG to dispose of its Norwegian Air Shuttle holding – It seems British Airways is happy to walk away from Norwegian Air Shuttle. A good or bad move?
Kevin buys Avios via a Spanish Groupon
I’m sure we’ve seen the offers where Avios have been offered by Groupon Spain for a rather cheap spend. How does it pan out?
- Adventures in buying Avios on Groupon: Part 1 – Buying the Avios – Use Google Chrome… its easier. Trust me.
- Adventures in buying Avios on Groupon: Part 2 – Adding the Avios to the account – You’re going to need Google Chrome here too… and the codes from your Groupon
- … and Part III will come… when or if the Avios hit my Iberia Account
A Long Term Review – with the Canon EOS R
Whilst I’m still grounded (or maybe not… that might change), I’ve started putting together my experiences with the Canon EOS R for those who are thinking of jumping from a traditional Canon EOS DSLR (be it crop-frame or full frame camera). This will be weekly-ish as I get round to writing it.
I’ll be continuing the EOS R review, as well as waiting for the Avios… if they arrive. And of course, I’ll be keeping an eye on what’s happening aviation industry.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.