It’s that time of the week to put your feet up, and have all the headlines I’ve written about in one handy place. Yes, it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
And even better – it’s the Spring Bank Holiday Weekend. So what’s new?
Things I didn’t cover
- British Airways to increase partner redemption pricing – As I’ve stated before, value of Avios goes down, as well as down. If you need to redeem on a BA partner – book by 30th May.
- SAS Settles with Unions – That strike went on a bit too long.
- Etihad ups services to London Heathrow using old Jet Airways slots – Well, if you need a flight between London and Abu Dhabi, there will be up to five flights a day. Which is nice.
- British Airways to introduce Marmite in the Sky. Yes. Marmite – As a member of Team Hate, I can’t say I approve of Marmite in the cabin
- Aer Lingus to launch AerSpace Business Class – Edging away from the low-cost experiment, Aer Lingus turns more full carrier each day
- Eithad new short-medium economy seat – Examining the Acro Series 6 – A solid choice by Etihad for their short-haul seats. Find out why I approve
New Aircraft news
- Fiji Airways to add the Airbus A350 to its feet – And yes. I still can’t type when in a hurry.
- Accessibility on the Rails in the UK – There’s a map for that – If you travel on the rails and need help to understand where lifts, ramps, toilet and things are – this is a map you MUST use.
Aircraft Interiors Expo – In Depth Coverage
I’m continuing my post AIX coverage with stories from the booths, and stories that you might not see elsewhere
- Stella Aerospace’s Elysium – redefining Equinox 2D – A place for a lie flat 2-2 business class seat – deployed with Air France
- 3D printing in the cabin – examining possibilities with Stratasys – 3D Additive printing is interesting, and opens more doors than you may think.
- The Airbus underbelly passenger modules – More promise, but where are the orders? – Nice concept, nice design… but where is the launch customer?
- Eithad new short-medium economy seat – Examining the Acro Series 6 – Covered above.
More Pleasure, More Business
I’ve closed out part one of the trip report this week, with five full days of writing. Heck – anyone would think I might be organised. Part two featuring Aircraft Interiors Expo kicks off on Bank Holiday Monday providing I sort a few images out.
- The Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Airplane Art Extra from the 10th floor of the Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Back to O’Hare and the British Airways Terraces Lounge
- BA294 Chicago O’Hare to London Heathrow (WORLD TRAVELLER PLUS)
- Wait… my bag has been re-flighted?
- Air India Boeing 777-300ER pushing back at Chicago O’Hare International
- May the Forth Be With You – with ANA’s Star Wars BB-8 Jet
It’s a short work week in the UK – and I’m taking advantage of that as I’m out on a shoot, and having some quiet time. But on the blog it’s busy as always with Part two of “More Pleasure, More Business” going into high gear, and a lot more interesting stories Aircraft Interiors Expo.
With a very controversial one on Monday.
Until we meet again – safe travels!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.